Maxi/Taxi Yarrawarrah, Sydney

Yarrawarrah is a northern suburb of the Sydney New South Wales, Approximately 32 kilometers south of the Sydney CBD Located 23 km south to Sydney International Airport.

We offer 04-seater Taxi near Yarrawarrah, 05-06-Seater Maxi/Taxi near Yarrawarrah, 07-Seater Yarrawarrah Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport. 08-Seater Maxi van Taxi in Yarrawarrah. 09-Seater Maxi Taxi in Yarrawarrah. 10-Seater Taxi Maxi in Yarrawarrah. 11-Seater Maxi/Taxi cab in Yarrawarrah, Sydney.

Yarrawarrah Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport

Yarrawarrah Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport
Maxi /Taxi to Sydney Domestic Airport and Sydney international airport to Yarrawarrah, Sydney,
Maxi cab Taxi to Yarrawarrah, Sydney to City or CBD
race day transfer Maxi cab Taxi to Yarrawarrah, Sydney
book wheelchair Taxi Maxi van Yarrawarrah, Sydney

Yarrawarrah is a suburb in southern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia 32 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the Sutherland Shire.

The traditional inhabitants of Yarrawarrah are the Tharawal people, with Yarrawarrah being an Aboriginal word meaning mountain ash. Yarrawarrah is also the name of a ridge which was located in the vicinity between Heathcote and Waterfall.
A history of the Yarrawarra suburb is available at the Dictionary of Sydney Yarrawarra page, contributed by a Sutherland Shire Library local studies librarian, a summary of which follows. Prior to Yarrawarrah being recognised as a suburb by Geographical Names Board in 1971, the area was known as North Engadine. Charles McAlister, a pioneering developer of the Engadine area took up the first portions of crown land in 1887, likely offered for sale due to the opening of the Illawarra railway line to Waterfall earlier in 1886. The initial residents of the area in the 1920s consisted of the returning soldiers and their families after World War I and then later families moving from inner Sydney suburbs during the Depression. In the 1930s families were relocated to the area from existing unemployment camps in Cook Park at Botany Bay.

Through 1939 Industrialisation increased in the area with a clay and shale pit at the end of what is now Old Bush Road, although of limited impact other than to increase the visibility of the need of improved access. In 1952 bush fires caused significant damage further highlighting the limited access, and helped establish a new progress association in 1959 in front of the general store located on Old Bush Road. In 1962 the State Housing Commission announced it was planning a new suburb on 80 acres (32.3 hectares) of crown land between Loftus and Engadine and adjacent to the north Engadine settlement.

In 1968, the primary school was built on Old Bush Road, with a proposed name of Engadine North, however, this was rejected by the Geographical Names Board, instead settling on Yarrawarrah (being an Aboriginal word for mountain ash and a nearby ridgeline). Thus, the proposal of the new suburb being seen by some as potentially absorbing Engadine North, and a counter concern that Engadine itself could encompass the entire region to Old Bush Road, in 1971 led to the Geographical Names Board officially designated the area Yarrawarrah.

In the 1970s changes to the way the Princes Highway was routed allowed further road access to the area which were completed in 1975. A final request for a Railway station was rejected by council in 1979. In 1983 Sutherland council allocated funds to build a new hall under the name of Yarrawarrah Community Hall. The North Engadine Scout Hall remained and is still adjacent to it. The new hall was opened in 1984. Through the 1990s the local community amenities continued to be developed with the local shopping village growing to provide for the growing demand of local residents.

book Taxi with baby seat Yarrawarrah, Sydney
book Maxi/Taxi Yarrawarrah, Sydney to Yarrawarrah or stadium

Yarrawarrah Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport