Maxi/Taxi Woolwich,Sydney

Woolwich Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport New South Wales, Approximately 11 kilometers north-west of the Sydney CBD Located 20 km south to Sydney International Airport.

We offer 04-seater Taxi near Woolwich, 05-06-Seater Maxi/Taxi near Woolwich, 07-Seater Maxi cab Taxi in Woolwich. 08-Seater Maxi van Taxi in Woolwich. 09-Seater Maxi Taxi in Woolwich. 10-Seater Taxi Maxi in Woolwich. 11-Seater Maxi/Taxi cab in Woolwich, Sydney.

Woolwich Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport

Woolwich Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport

Maxi Taxi Woolwich Sydney
Maxi /Taxi to Sydney Domestic Airport and Sydney international airport to Woolwich, Sydney,
Maxi cab Taxi to Woolwich, Sydney to City or CBD
race day transfer Maxi cab Taxi to Woolwich, Sydney
book wheelchair Taxi Maxi van Woolwich, Sydney

Woolwich has been inhabited since at least the Iron Age. Remains of a probably Celtic oppidum, established sometime between the 3rd and 1st century BCE, in the late Roman period re-used as a fort, were found at the current Waterfront development site between Beresford Street and the Thames. According to the Survey of London (Volume 48: Woolwich), “this defensive earthwork encircled the landward sides of a riverside settlement, the only one of its kind so far located in the London area, that may have been a significant port, anterior to London”. A path connected the riverside settlement with Watling Street (Shooter’s Hill), perhaps also of Iron Age origin. Sandy Hill Road may be a remnant of this early path.
It is generally believed that the name Woolwich derives from an Anglo-Saxon word meaning “trading place for wool”. It is not clear whether Woolwich was a proper -wich town, since there are no traces of extensive artisanal activity from the Early Middle Ages. However, in 2015 Oxford Archaeology discovered a Saxon burial site near the riverside with 76 skeletons from the late 7th or early 8th century. The absence of grave deposits indicates that this was an early Christian settlement. The first church, which stood to the north of the present parish church, was almost certainly pre-Norman and dedicated to Saint Lawrence. It was probably rebuilt in stone around 1100.

From the 10th till the mid-12th century Woolwich was controlled by the abbots of St. Peter’s Abbey in Ghent. This may have been a result of a gift of 918 from Ælfthryth, daughter of King Alfred and Countess of Flanders, in that case the first recorded grant of English lands to a foreign ecclesiastic institution. As a result of this tenure Woolwich is not mentioned in the Domesday Book; it is thought that the 63 acres listed as Hulviz refer to North Woolwich, which was then uninhabited. Some of the Ghent lands passed to the royal manors of Dartford and Eltham as early as 1100; the larger part of the parish, referred to as the manor of Woolwich but in effect not a full manor, became an Eltham dependency in the 14th century. Not included were a riverside quay held by Holy Trinity Priory, Aldgate, a wharf held by St Mary’s Priory, Southwark, and land around Plumstead owned by Bartholomew de Burghersh, 2nd Baron Burghersh, later referred to as the Burrage Estate.

Medieval Woolwich was susceptible to flooding. In 1236 many were killed by a flood. Woolwich Ferry was first mentioned in 1308 but may be older. Around Bell Water Gate some private shipbuilding or repair may have existed in the 15th century. A windmill was mentioned around 1450. Several pottery kilns have been discovered north of Woolwich High Street and Beresford Street, testifying of a perhaps unbroken tradition of pottery production from at least the 14th century until the 17th century.

book Taxi with baby seat Woolwich, Sydney
book Maxi/Taxi Woolwich, Sydney to Woolwich or stadium

Woolwich Sydney Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport