Maxi Taxi near St Peters Sydney

St Peters is a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia approximately 7 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district, Located 2 km south of Sydney International Airport. We offer St Peters Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport, 05-06-Seater Maxi/Taxi near St Peters, 07-Seater Maxi cab Taxis in St Peters. 08-Seater Maxi van Taxi in St Peters. 09-Seater Maxi Taxi in St Peters. 10-Seater Taxi Maxi in St Peters. 11-Seater Maxi/Taxi cab in St Peters, Sydney.

St Peters Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport

Maxi /Taxi to Sydney Domestic Airport and Sydney international airport to St Peters, Sydney,

Maxi cab Taxi to St Peters, Sydney to City or CBD

race day transfer Maxi cab Taxi to St Peters, Sydney

book wheelchair Taxi Maxi van St Peters, Sydney

St Peters is a suburb in the Inner West of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. It is 7 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of Inner West Council, with a small section in the southeast in the City of Sydney. St Peters was named by its association with St Peters Anglican Church, which was consecrated in 1838. St Peters is the third oldest Anglican church in Sydney and has been claimed to be the first church built in Australia using non-convict labour. The church is on the Princes Highway. It was designed by Thomas Bird and built in 1838–39. In 1875, alterations were carried out under the supervision of Edmund Blacket. The church is now listed on the Register of the National Estate. The graveyard is the burial place of a few notable people, including solicitor and merchant Frederick Wright Unwin, who had Unwin Road and Unwin’s Bridge named after him. It is also the burial place of people who committed suicide, patients of the Bayview Mental Asylum at Tempe, and victims of unsolved murders. Graveyard history tours are conducted monthly.

In 2009, the church was given a grant of $30,000 from the state government for carrying out much-needed renovations. The grant was aimed at repairing cracked walls and sealing windows. Pastor Shane Rogerson said the building was “ill-fated from the beginning” because it was built on clay-based soil, which meant it will always have problems with cracking.

The first large land grant in the area was made in 1799 to Provost-Marshal Thomas Smyth. His 470 acres (1.9 km2) stretched from the Cooks River to the present Campbell Street. After Smyth’s death in 1804, the land was acquired by Robert Campbell (1769–1846), a wealthy merchant who built some of the early warehouses along the Sydney Cove waterfront.

Alexander Brodie Spark (1792–1856) was a wealthy merchant who named the suburbs of Tempe after his mansion Tempe House that he built at what is now Wolli Creek and the suburb of St Peters that developed around the church. Barwon Park House was a large residence erected by Spark in 1815 on land leased from Robert Campbell. It was demolished in 1953. Campbell sold his property in 1830 but reserved land for the church. St Peters was described in the 1840s as one of the most fashionable and aristocratic suburbs of Sydney.

St Peters was a separate municipality from 1871 to 1948, when it amalgamated with the Municipality of Marrickville but now falls under the governance of Inner West Council. The St Peters town hall in Unwins Bridge Road was built in 1927 just across the suburb boundary in Sydenham and now houses the St Peters branch of Inner West Library and a small community centre. The railway station opened on 15 October 1884 and the post office opened in October 1851.

book Taxi with baby seat St Peters, Sydney

book Maxi/Taxi St Peters, Sydney to Sydney Olympic Park or stadium

St Peters Maxi/taxi to or from Sydney Airport