Maxi Cab Taxi Croydon Park

Croydon Park is a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia approximately located 10 kilometers south-west of the Sydney central business district, located approximately 12km north of the Sydney International Airport.
Croydon Park Maxi taxi to or from Sydney Airport, 05-06-Seater Maxi/Taxi near Concord
07-Seater Maxi cab Taxi in Croydon Park. 08-Seater Maxi van Taxi in Croydon Park. 09-Seater Maxi Taxi in Croydon Park. 10-Seater Taxi Maxi in Croydon Park Point. 11-Seater Maxi/Taxi cab in Croydon Park, Sydney.

Croydon Park Maxi taxi to or from Sydney Airport
Maxi /Taxi to Sydney Domestic Airport and Sydney international airport to Croydon Park, Sydney, Maxi cab Taxi to Croydon Park, Sydney to City or CBD
race day transfer Maxi cab Taxi to Croydon Park, Sydney
book wheelchair Taxi Maxi van Croydon Park, Sydney
book Taxi with baby seat Croydon Park, Sydney

Croydon Park is a suburb in the Inner West of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Croydon Park is 10 kilometres south-west of the Sydney central business district and is divided between the local government areas of the City of Canterbury-Bankstown, Municipality of Burwood and Inner West Council. Croydon is a separate suburb, to the north.

Croydon Park has a commercial shopping strip along Georges River Road and is in proximity to larger shopping and town centres of Burwood, Ashfield and Campsie. Croydon Park is relatively large compared to neighbouring suburbs. It is largely residential, but has a commercial strip along Georges River Road, a local arterial that runs through the centre of the suburb. Croydon Park was originally part of the territory of the Darug tribe which occupied much of Sydney. More specifically, it was probably home to the Wangal clan (based around Concord) but may also have been home to the Cadigal (Sydney) or Bideagal (Botany Bay) clans. There were middens along the Cooks River where the indigenous people camped. These were destroyed by early British settlers to make lime for mortar in buildings.

A portion of the former Brighton Farm located between Georges River Road and the Cooks River was purchased by Henry Parkes and was subdivided and sold by auction at the Temperance Hall, Pitt Street on Saturday, 29 September 1877. Henry Parkes renamed this subdivision as Croydon Park to differentiate it from the larger suburb of Croydon to the north.

In 1878 and 1880, following the building of a railway station at Croydon to the north, two large subdivisions of land were undertaken using the name Croydon Park. These constituted the entire area of the current suburb. A piece of flood-prone land at the junction of Croydon Avenue and the Cooks River was reserved as a public park. Given the name Croydon Park, it was the first reserve in the City of Canterbury. Early settlers included many people involved in the building trade and Chinese market gardeners.

A primary school was established in 1886 to cater for the increasing number of children in the area. Mains water was connected in 1889 and sewerage in the 1910s. The Parents and Citizens Association at the public school believed that residents were rather left out of regular postal deliveries and a petition was prepared for their member of parliament asking for a Croydon Park post office to be opened in the area. They were successful in 1914 and the surrounding neighborhood became a separate suburb.

Circa 1890, the mansion But-har-gra (formerly Mandama) was built on Georges River Road. A substantial two-storey house of brick, it combines Italianate and Federation elements. Gifted to the Church of England in 1934 by the Button Family, it is currently used as residential accommodation for students of Moore Theological College and is heritage-listed.

Tram depot in Tangarra Street, in the late 1940s
Between 1891 and 1948, Croydon Park was served by a tram line centred around a depot in Tangarra Street. The line began as a steam tramway, opened in 1891, between Ashfield Station and Enfield. In 1901, this line was extended north via Liverpool Road and Burwood Road through Burwood to Mortlake, and in 1909 a branch to Cabarita Park was opened. The system was electrified in 1912. The line was never connected to any of the other tram lines in Sydney, although its eastern terminus, at Ashfield station, was only one station away (on the main suburban railway line) from the nearest tram terminus at Summer Hill station.

book Maxi/Taxi Croydon Park, Sydney to Sydney Olympic Park or stadium
For fare/cost from Croydon Park to Sydney domestic/international airport click the link below
For fare/cost from Sydney domestic/international airport to Croydon Park click the link below

Croydon Park Maxi taxi to or from Sydney Airport