Book Maxi/Taxi Service Gladesville to Sydney Airport
Maxi /Taxi to Sydney Domestic Airport and Sydney international airport to Gladesville, Sydney,
Maxi cab Taxi to Gladesville, Sydney to City or CBD
Race day transfer Maxi cab Taxi to Gladesville, Sydney
Book wheelchair Taxi Maxi van Gladesville, Sydney
Gladesville is a suburb in the Northern Suburbs of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Gladesville is located 10 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the City of Ryde and the Municipality of Hunter’s Hill. Gladesville is part of the federal electorates of North Sydney and Bennelong.
Gladesville possesses riverside views and bush settings along the Parramatta River. The nearby Gladesville Bridge (a Sydney landmark that links the North Shore to the Inner West) takes its name from the suburb.
The Gladesville area was home to Indigenous Australians before European settlement. Evidence of their presence can still be found in the area. For instance there are rock carvings and grinding grooves that can be seen in Glades Bay Park, which overlooks Glades Bay.
The area was first called Doody’s Bay during the beginnings of European settlement, marked by a land grant being given to convict artist, John Doody (1795). Others to receive grants in the district were William House (1795), Ann Benson (1796) and Charles Raven (1799). By 1836, John Glade, an emancipist, was issued with the deeds to Doody’s grant, which he had purchased in 1817. Glade expanded his property with the purchase of a number of adjoining holdings. After John Glade’s death in 1848, his land was sold to a Sydney solicitor, Mr W. Billyard, who subsequently subdivided and sold the land in November 1855, naming it Gladesville.
A major milestone in the development of the suburb was the establishment of the Tarban Creek Lunatic Asylum in 1838, on the banks of the Parramatta River. It was the first purpose-built mental asylum in New South Wales. Much of the architecture was designed by Colonial Architect Mortimer Lewis and built between 1836 and 1838. In 1869 it became the Gladesville Hospital for the Insane, and in 1915 the Gladesville Mental Hospital. In 1993, it was amalgamated with Macquarie Hospital to form the Gladesville Macquarie Hospital. In 1997, inpatient services were consolidated at Macquarie Hospital at North Ryde. The Gladesville complex includes many buildings which are listed on the New South Wales State Heritage Register and the (now defunct) Register of the National Estate.
One of the hospital’s acquisitions was a two-storey sandstone house called The Priory, in Salter Street. It was built in the late 1840s, possibly by the Stubbs family, and featured an east-looking face in the Georgian style, and a west face with a gable and painted sundial. sydney airport transfers, carnival cruise transfers, group transportation services, maxi taxi how many seats, maxi cab booking, Sydney maxi/taxi, maxi cab taxi, Cruise Transfers in Sydney, sydney maxi taxi book, book a maxi/taxi, maxi/taxi cabs, maxi/taxis sydney, Sydney maxi/taxi, booking maxi/taxi, maxi/taxi to airport, maxi cab taxi, Cruise Transfers in Sydney, maxi taxi parramatta, best cabs in Sydney, best taxi service sydney.
Book Taxi with baby seat Gladesville, Sydney
Book Maxi/Taxi Gladesville, Sydney to Sydney Olympic Park or stadium