Birchgrove Sydney NSW

Birchgrove is a suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Birchgrove is approximately located 5.8kilometers north west of the Sydney central business district, located 16.3km north Sydney International Airport.

Birchgrove Maxi taxi to or from Sydney Airport, 05-06-Seater Maxi/Taxi near Birchgrove,
07-Seater Maxi cab Taxi in Birchgrove. 08-Seater Maxi van Taxi in Birchgrove. 09-Seater Maxi Taxi in Birchgrove. 10-Seater Taxi Maxi in Birchgrove. 11-Seater Maxi/Taxi cab in Birchgrove, Sydney.

Birchgrove Maxi taxi to or from Sydney Airport
Maxi /Taxi to Sydney Domestic Airport and Sydney international airport to Birchgrove, Sydney,
Maxi cab Taxi to Birchgrove, Sydney to City or CBD
race day transfer Maxi cab Taxi to Birchgrove, Sydney
book wheelchair Taxi Maxi van Birchgrove, Sydney
book Taxi with baby seat Birchgrove, Sydney

Birchgrove is a suburb in the Inner West of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Birchgrove is located five kilometres west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the Inner West Council. Birchgrove is located on the north-west slope of the Balmain peninsula, overlooking Sydney Harbour, and includes Yurulbin and Ballast Points. Balmain is the only adjacent suburb. The long waterfront provides views of the Parramatta River with Cockatoo Island dominating the foreground. It is one of the wealthier suburbs of Sydney thanks to its Harbour frontages. Birchgrove was named after Birchgrove House, built by Lieutenant John Birch, paymaster of the 73rd regiment, around 1812. He added ‘grove’ to his surname when naming the house because of the large number of orange trees growing on the original site. The house was constructed of stone believed to have been quarried on site. In March 1814, the estate was purchased by merchant trader Roland Warpole Loane. By 1818, Loane had returned to land holdings in Tasmania and the estate was leased for many years. Loane unsuccessfully attempted to sub-divide the lot into four parcels in 1833. In 1838, the estate was purchased along with land in the Balmain estate by Captain John McLean. Financial difficulties forced McLean to mortgage the estate and additional land, but the Supreme Court finally foreclosed on loans in April 1844. In 1850, the estate was briefly owned by Henry Watson Parker, who would later become the third premier of New South Wales. Later the same year, the estate was purchased by Didier Numa Joubert. Jourbert leased the property to William Salmon Deliotte until 1856.

Between 1856 and 1860, Joubert instructed William Brownrigg to survey the first subdivision of ten lots. Streets were named after the Joubert family. Birchgrove House was sold to Jacob Levi Montefiore during the subdivision. Sale of the allotments fell well short of expectations with three lots remaining unsold by 1866. By December 1862, Joubert was forced to surrender his remaining interest to the Bank of New South Wales. From the 1860s, a number of waterfront businesses appeared in the area including coopers, boat builders and the Morrison & Sinclair shipyard. By 1878, due to market pressure from prices in nearby Balmain estate, 82 lots of the original subdivision remained unsold. Additional land was carved from the Birchgrove House when it was sold to John Lowry Adams in 1878. A syndicate of businessmen purchased the remaining lots of the estate and commissioned architect Ferdinand Reuss to draw up a new plan for subdivision. This second subdivision was much more successful with all lots sold within several years.

book Maxi/Taxi Birchgrove, Sydney to Sydney Olympic Park or stadium
For fare/cost from Birchgrove to Sydney domestic/international airport click link below
For fare/cost from Sydney domestic/international airport to Birchgrove click link below

Birchgrove Maxi taxi to or from Sydney Airport